How to choose the right flagpole
A brief introduction to flagpoles
Choosing the right flagpole is an important process. Luckily, we are experts. With over 50 years experience with flagpole sales, service, and installation we are here to assist you with finding the right flagpole.
Please do not hesitate to give us a call - 1-866-908-9100
Sectional FlagpolesAll of our sectional flagpoles are available in 15' or 20' exposed heights. Flagpole consists of silver anodized, seamless aluminum tubing sections which swedge together providing a smooth exterior finish. The sectional flagpoles include the following:
1) Gold Anodized aluminum ball ornament2) Cast aluminum truck with pulley3) Polypropylene halyard with 2 nylon flag snaps4) Cast nylon rope cleat with mounting screws5) Heavy-duty ground sleeve
Telescoping FlagpolesThe latest in technology makes it simple for homeowners, businesses, tailgaters and RVers to show their colors. The telescoping flagpole features an inter-locking sleeve system with metal hooks called the Easy-lock. NO pins or springs make flying your flag faster and easier. Eazy-off swivels make it a breeze to replace swivels. No disassembly needed! The large diameter tubing gives our pole extra strength and a sleeker more tapered appearance.
The Elite flagpole is very versatile. Do you want to change your landscaping? Do you have a winter and summer home? Our telescoping flagpoles are easy to move. All you need is an extra ground sleeve and you can relocate your flagpole anywhere.
One-Piece FlagpolesOur aluminum one-piece flagpoles are all manufactured in the United States. Please consider the following when choosing which flagpole is right for you:
Flagpoles are principally measured in 3 main dimensions
1) height or exposed height - this is the top to base distance. Note that on in-ground flagpole installations 10% of the pole height goes into the ground. (example: a 30' flagpole is actually 33' long but 3' is underground)
2) butt diameter - the outside diameter of the pole at the bottom
3) wall thickness - the thickness of the tube wall
Put all these together an now you are speaking "flagpole-ese". So when you call (1-866-908-9100) you can confidently say, "I want a 40' (exposed height) x 8" (butt diameter) x .188" (wall thickness)."
Flagpole halyard (rope) are internal or external.
An external halyard flagpole has the rope that runs up and down the outside of the flagpole. The rope
ties off at a cleat and runs up to a pulley system at the top of the pole (known as a truck).
An internal halyard flagpole has the rope (or cable) running through the inside of the pole. This provides a
locking door to restrict access for raising and lowering your flag.
Many finishes are possible for your flagpole. Here is a listing of our standard finishes. Please contact us for any custom finish inquiries.
Whether sprucing up your home or making a statement for your business- here are some items to consider that will help you find the right flagpole.
1) Height- You want the pole to complement your structure. Choose a flagpole that matches or exceeds the height of your building.
2) Location- A flagpole should call attention to something; whether it is your front door, signage, or any other feature. For your pole to stand out and to ensure a longer life for your flag be sure to have your pole free from trees, bushes, roofs, powerlines, etc.
3) Halyard type- Think about where your flag is displayed. An internal halyard flagpole provides restricted access to the raising and lowering of your flag. This can be necessary especially in commercial applications.
4)Flag- There is a recommended flag size for each flagpole. If you know that you want to fly a 5' x 8' flag then let us know and we can guide you to the right pole for that flag